Contrary to what most people believe, an anti aging skin care routine doesn’t have to be such hard work nor should it be too complicated. To achieve healthy looking skin, one only needs to understand the aging process and perform some simple steps involving natural cures and skin care products. The good news is that anti aging skin treatment doesn’t have to be expensive.
In order to retard the effects of aging, what you need is to understand why skin loses its elasticity thus the appearance of sags and wrinkles. The simplest explanation is that as the body ages, the skin cells produce less and less collagen and elastins that are needed to keep the skin soft, firm and supple. Also because of damaging processes, the levels of these important proteins become insufficient thereby affecting the skin’s overall elasticity and firmness as well. These proteins are the same ones that you should focus on when planning out your daily anti aging skin care treatment.
Below are some important things to note in preserving and maintaining collagen and elastins to help slow down the signs of aging. These are very simple steps to take if you wish to maintain the health and vibrant glow of your skin.
• Hydrate – We know that the body is composed of 70% water. Although it may sound a bit of a cliche, drinking enough liquids daily is the first fundamental step that you need to incorporate in your anti aging skin care routine. By keeping your body hydrated, you keep your skin looking young. Eight glasses of water a day should be enough to keep you well hydrated.
• Diet – Your appearance is a reflection of what you actually eat. You will notice that if your diet consists mainly of junk and fast food, your skin shows this. Healthy foods are your natural cures and therefore a healthy glowing skin is a sign of good nutrition supplemented by vitamins and minerals and a load of antioxidants. So do not hesitate to incorporate those fruits, green leafy vegetables and vitamin supplements into your diet to achieve a complete anti skin aging routine.
• Sun exposure – The sun is a good source of Vitamin D. However, too much exposure to the sun also brings harmful effects to your skin making it a detriment to your anti aging skin care routine. Always remember to use sun protection when going outdoors and use a good sun screen.
If you choose an anti aging skin treatment product for your skin care, do keep in mind the following:
• Collagens and Elastins – You will encounter many skin care products that contain this. Be wary of them because the molecules of collagen and elastin are too big for the skin to absorb when administered topically. You are better off with products that stimulate the production of these proteins.
• Skin nourishment – A healthy diet combined with proper hydration will prove to be beneficial and enhance any anti aging treatment you have. This will make your skin soft, supple and younger looking.